Printing Postscript file to HP5500 printer

danesh d.qureshi at mdx.ac.uk
Tue Jun 6 04:55:27 PDT 2006

Hello,

I have a PostScript file which does not print to a HP5500HDN printer. I can print Ascii files and the test print to the HP5500HDN printer successfully.

I am running Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS release 4 (Nahant Update 3)
on a HP Proliant DL585 server.

I have the CUPS daemon process running and added the HP5500HDN printer
using the Web interface to CUPS i.e. http://localhost:631.

I have looked at error_log file but there no indication of any errors or problems.
Can you suggest how I can get my Postscript file printed to the this
HP 5500HDN printer?.

Thanks you.
Dan..