Blank pages printed for postscript files on cups 1.2

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Jun 6 08:26:52 PDT 2006

Damien Brémont wrote:
> I start thinking that there is a bug in cups !
>
> Here is one example file generated from xfig-3.2.4-17.2
> http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~bremont/test.ps
>
> I've made a nice painting  :-)

that isn't DSC-conformant...

The graphics state is modified before the first %%Page: comment,
and you have the Setup section prior to the %%EndComments line
which ends the document comments.  You also have printer-specific
commands without the %%Begin/EndFeature comment pair, but that is
less of a problem than the rest.

In short, you'll have problems printing the PS file.  The PDF file
*should* print just fine, assuming you have the right driver...