Garbage output when printing PDF

Raymond rtpub.2006 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 20:35:50 PDT 2006

Hi,

I have a weird problem when printing PDFs with CUPS (v1.1.23-15.4) with HPLJ5000 on a Linux FC4 box. The PDFs are generated with ghostscript 7.07 and I can view them with Acrobat reader with no problem. I have quite a lot of PDFs to be printed daily, and sometimes one of the print job seems to be corrupted causing the garbage output; I then have to cancel that particular job and let others in the print queue to print. But then I tried re-print that particular PDF and no problem whatsoever.

I have turned on the 'debug' mode in CUPS and noticed that whenever this problem occurs, these lines are missing from the error log:

D [dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss] UpdateJob: job XXX, file 0 is complete.
D [dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss] CancelJob: id = XXX
D [dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss] StopJob: id = XXX, force = 0
D [dd/MMM/yyyy:HH:mm:ss] StopJob: printer state is 3

Anyone has any ideas?