IBM 4317 - Network Printer 17 - not printing correctly

Carlos Alfaro calfaro at monarchknittingmachinery.com
Wed Jun 7 10:15:08 PDT 2006

I am now able to print to it while attached to the pc (linux) and over the network with LPD (with the server IP address and the QUEUE name)

I used the ljet4 driver (an also experimented with others such as hpijs) and it does print to the printer, I get output, but mostly seems to be sized for a page A4 and not letter.  When I print pages letter size I lose the edges and the last lines at the bottom of the page.

Does anyone know how to edit the ljet4 driver so it defaults to Letter size pages?  changing it in the dialog box or in cups itself does not work  It always prints A4 even ig EVERYTHING is formated for Letter.  I have been trying all different convinations (and wasted a ton of paper) trying and trying different things, but nothing seems to work.

I also downloaded the IBM driver but it does not work well at all.  Does anyone know of a driver which will work properly or how to edit the ljet4 or any other driver so it will work?

Thanks in advanced.