Shortcut to que_name at loopback

angelb angelb at bugarin.us
Wed Jun 7 12:16:41 PDT 2006

Hello all.

I've recently installed CUPS 1.2.1 in AIX and started testing the web
interface. One thing I noticed was the Shortcut for printers and their
objects.

For example, if I move the mouse pointer to a printer queue_name, it
shows the shorcut name as such:  "Shortcut to que_name at loopback".
And when I click on that printer queue name, the web address hostname
changes from a hostname to a "loopback" and it would fail.

ie: when viewing the printers, the web address field would look like
the following:

http://hostname:631/printers

when I click on a queue name, the web address field will change to the
following and fails(The page cannot be displayed):

http://10.10.1.1:631/printers/hp_lj

This is the same for all of the objects in Printers from the web
interface.

However, the other functions like Administration, Classes, Jobs, etc, are okay. That is, they don't change: ie, Administration is "Shortcut
to admin".

Has anyone encountered the same problem and knows the fix?

Any idea or suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks!
angelb