[cups.general] Latest Debian version (1.2.1) will not print

Cam Ellison cam at ellisonpsychology.ca
Sun Jun 11 16:39:55 PDT 2006

The latest version on Debian (with the change in administration web page
format) does almost everything right except actually print.

I have an HP1300 LaserJet, connected via USB.  The printer has been
connected in this way for over 2 years.  Usually, the only problem is
that I have to occasionally re-add the printer to get CUPS to work with it.

Now, nothing I do will work, including deleting the printer and
re-entering it.  It doesn't help that even as root I am denied access to
some features.  That's been an ongoing problem, but it is always
possible to work around it.

Has anybady had this problem, and if so, what did you do that resolved it?

Thank you

Cam

--
Cam Ellison, Ph.D. R.Psych. #1417