EPS file printing failure

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jun 13 03:56:24 PDT 2006

Bill Gribble wrote:
>>As you see, Ghostscript exited with a PostScript error. It may be an inconsistency between the
>>CUPS 1.2.x pstops filter and the foomatic-rip. Could you post (an URL to) a sample file, please?
>

> Sure.  Thanks for looking into it.
>
> ftp://ftp.billgribble.com/pub/cups-eps-problem/1N4AL11D75C147317.eps
> is a file that errors out with the type of message above.
>
> The PDF version in the same directory prints fine for me.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill Gribble

The EPS file is ok and, as far as I can see, perfectly DSC compliant. And it prints
OK at our site (CUPS 1.1.x, alternate pstops filter, no foomatic).

To examine this issue further, could you set up a print queue which prints to a file (not using
foomatic-rip) and post the (RTL to the) generated file?

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung