Windows drivers depenency issues

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Tue Jun 13 04:02:51 PDT 2006

Peter wrote:
>>>No, you need at least CUPS 1.2 installed; the RPM we supply uses an
>>>epoch of 1 to match the Red Hat RPM versioning.  1:1.2 means "version
>>>1.2 or higher with an epoch of 1".
>>
>>Oh...of course.  I knew it was something staring me right in the face.
>>
>>I tried installing cups 1.3svn.  Configure, make, and make install all went off without a hitch.  I still get the dependency error.
>>
>>Trying again with 1.2.1.
>>
>>--Pete
>

> Failed again.  Once again I know the problem is staring me right in the face, but I just don't know what it is.

AFAIK, the RPM dependency checking stuff does this by querying the RMP related database
on installed packages. Compiling CUPS from the sources and using those install scripts
don't update the dependency database, so you need to install the cups-windows stuff
with the option --nodpes, I guess.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke