Problem with cupsd 1.2.1

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Thu Jun 15 13:33:19 PDT 2006

Justace Clutter <prophecy at corpranet.net> wrote (Thursday 15 June 2006 18:20):

> I am running gentoo linux and in using the ~x86 keyword the system has installed
> cups 1.2.1.  Before I had not problems printing but now I keep getting an error.  In
> an effort to not rewrite the error stuff I would like to just redirect you to the
> gentoo forum entry.  The error looks to me to be related to the MIME type database.
> At least that is what I am getting from the output of the log file which is in the
> gentoo post.  Sorry for the cross linking but felt it was more efficent.

It may be for you. It is not for those whom you are asking for help.  :-)

> Thanks in
> advance.
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-3383718.html#3383718

I even looked at it now (dispite of the inefficiency involved). There
are even contradictory items stated in regard to which CUPS version
you run.

It would certainly help you better, faster, more efficiently, if you
wrote up a concise summary of your problem when posting here. Sorry
for being not more specific, but I'll just redirect you to the CUPS
help page. I feel it is more efficient (for me):

  http://www.cups.org/cups-help.html

Cheers,
Kurt