Enable/Disable printer queue from command line

Sean McBrien smcbrien at bfsec.bt.co.uk
Thu Jun 15 14:04:23 PDT 2006

Ok, great thanks for the info, I got the web bit working fine thanks.

And the enable/disable works fine after a reboot?? (hmm)

Just one last question is it possible to use enable/disable with the password all in the command line without user intervention. ( i want to create a shell script and cronjob to stop and start queues amongst other tasks)

i was thinking something like:

disable <printer> <password>

I assume this wont work (i cant access the box at the minute to test) and will involve a perl script?