Can't compile espgs, can no longer print

Gary Krupa accordeoniste at avenuecable.com
Sat Jun 17 19:21:06 PDT 2006

Help! I installed CUPs and it replaced my LPRNG configuration. So I can no longer print that way. When I tried to compile espgs to enable printing to my non-postscript printer, it terminated with an error message. I tried to reactivate LPRNG with apsfilter setup and received a message that I'm missing libsstdc++.so.5, so it won't work. I can't find that library online. Can someone guide me to either using CUPS or re-installing LPRNG? I'm a newbie with CUPS and I'm feeling rather lost at this point. Thank you!