Still cannot print

Peter peteoutside at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 20 16:27:31 PDT 2006

Having tried for about a week to get CUPS 1.2 to install properly with no success, I wiped the Linux partition and reinstalled CentOS; this is a fresh install.

I installed the CUPS 1.2 drivers from source with no problems.  Downloaded the PPD for my HP 6110 all-in-wonder from linuxprinting.org and copied it to /usr/share/cups/model.  In the CUPS web interface it had discovered two new printers:

     Hewlett-Packard OfficeJet 6100 Series (Hewlett-Packard OfficeJet 6100 Series)
     HP OfficeJet 6100 Series (HP OfficeJet 6100 Series USB #1)
     HP OfficeJet 6100 Series (HP OfficeJet 6100 Series HPLIP)

I have gone through the dialog for each printer, selected the printer from the list, etc.  In neither case is CUPS able to print a test page.

CUPS returns the following error message: "usr/lib/cups/filter/foomatic-rip failed"

The printer worked fine with the previous version of CUPS.

Ideas?