pscms error

David Williams davew at fpdial.co.uk
Wed Jun 21 04:31:52 PDT 2006

Hi,
Research in the posts at Linuxprinting.org tells me that my Samsung CLP-510 laser printer needs ppmtosplc and pscms filters to work.
I've set the printer up (on Fedora Core 5) but when I send the Cups Test Page to the printer the sheet comes out blank. The error log shows the following lines:

[Job 46] execv(/usr/local/samsung/filters/pscms): Permission denied
[Job 46] Error trying to call pscms
[Job 46] ESP Ghostscript 815.02: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1

Changing the permissions of the pscms file doesn't make any difference to the error. Could you point me in the right direction please?
Thanks,
David.