edit ppd Xerox Phaser 6250DT ?

Joris Beld jorisbeld at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 08:04:45 PDT 2006

Dear all,
I'm pretty new to CUPS but we want to have our Xerox Phaser 6250DT (color laser) equipped with two trays to only be able to print transparencies (with a lower drum temperature) from one tray and only paper from the other tray. Would be nice to have this fixed in the ppd that all the users use by printing over IPP (CUPS). But I have no experience in manually editing a ppd file (because of course the provided ppd file from xerox does not have the options to fix the tray properties). Under WinXP the drivers provide the option to fix tray paper type. Is this also possible with CUPS and how do I do this?! Thanks a lot in advance!
Best,
Joris