No network printing after upgrade to 1.2.0

Axel Braun axel.braun.remove_me at gmx.de
Fri Jun 23 06:33:19 PDT 2006

Hi,

I had a network printer running cups 1.1.23 (SuSE 10.0). Recently I upgraded
to 1.2.0. Since that point in time I cant print via the network.

On the server, the printer is visible as idle, accepting jobs, published.
Local printing is possible. No firewall on the server.

On the clients (SuSE 10.0 as well) the formerly working printer setting
remained unchanged, but the printserver cant be reached. New setup fails as
well, as the server cant be reached (ipp://southpole:631/printers/HPLJ5 ).

Any hints appreciated!

Thx
Axel