fail-safe printing

CLIFTON YUEN clifton.yuen at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 12:56:49 PDT 2006

Hi
I'm a newbie to CUPS, so excuse me for my stupidity.
I've a CUPS server up and running with 5 HP/Xerox Laser Printer.
I'm in the middle of setting up another CUPS server with exactly the same printer name as a fail-safe approach.
On all my client, I've the following lines in /etc/cups/client.conf:
ServerName ps1 # first/main CUPS server
ServerName ps2 # second CUPS - on my FC5 workstations

I would like to set it up this way:
1. Class named "bw" (black and while laserjet) for all my hp & xerox b&w laser printer
2. Class named "color" for all my hp color inkjet or laserjet printer
3. both class will be served as "ImplicitClasses" on both print servers
is it possible??

please advise...

best regards,
cliff