Why Are Some Users' Jobs Always Held Pending?

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Jun 27 11:01:37 PDT 2006

Helge Blischke <h.blischke at srz.de> wrote (Tuesday 27 June 2006 16:49):

> Brian White wrote:
>> Still fighting with this...  Anybody have any ideas?

Sorry, I overlooked your feedback...

>>> That helps.  It seems that those computers that have the correct driver
>>> installed via Samba are the ones having the problem.  Their print
>>> requests appear as "application/postscript" while the other (working)
>>> ones appear as "application/vnd.cups-raw".

[....]

> I suspect the following message (from your error_log) will point to the cause:
>
> D [20/Jun/2006:13:16:45 -0400] SetJobHoldUntil(1278,"no-hold<0A>%!PS-Adobe-3.0")

This could be caused by a recent bug (fixed in Subversion r5636); see
bug report:

   http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1750

Or is there some weird setup of your Windows client's spooler (like:
"send a CTRL+D before and after each job", a special "separator page"
command, or some such)?

Cheers,
Kurt