failsafe existing server

relikwie relikwie at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 28 03:27:09 PDT 2006

Hi, I'm up to setup a second cups server to back-up an existing one.
I've read about "implicit classes" and that this directive would merge
printers with the same name seen on both servers into a class. But
for this to work printing machines need to be cups clients.

Couple of questions remain about the clients:

- do the clients need the cupsd daemon to be running or cups just installed?

- the browse directive should be "on", on the clients and not on the servers?

And the biggest issue I have: Is it enough to just copy (printers.conf & ppd/) or must I also create the print queues manually. Is there a way to copy all printer configurations from one server to another?

Thanks!