cups-polld uses 99% cpu time

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Jun 28 11:53:09 PDT 2006

angelb wrote:
> Like most users, I was hoping there was a fix to this in 1.1 but it's
> addressed only in 1.2....correct me if I'm wrong.

The scaling issues WRT large numbers of printers were specifically
addressed in CUPS 1.2 via several performance changes we made in
the scheduler; the biggest improvement came with the use of the
cups_array_t API...

These changes did actually get backported to CUPS 1.1.x, but only
for our internal repository that is used for ESP Print Pro 4.x.  We
don't plan on providing those changes in any CUPS 1.1.x release,
however, nor do we have the resources to provide a patch at this
point...