Setting Default font size printing from remote client to cups server

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Wed Jun 28 14:21:43 PDT 2006

csarid at utlxy.net <csarid at utlxy.net> wrote (Wednesday 28 June 2006 20:35):

> would like to know if there is a way to control the font size
> being recieved by the cups server from a remote system?

You don't say what type of files you are printing. I assume .txt.
For all mime type "text/*" files you can use

  lp -d printername -o lpi=5.1 -o cpi=7.64 /path/to/text.txt

  where    lpi: "lines per inch"
           cpi: "characters per inch"

You'll have to work out yourself what exact values you'll need to
use for cpi and lpi to get your desired output size.

Oh, and it is all noted down on your CUPS system here:

   http://localhost:631/sum.html
   # CUPS 1.1.x

   http://localhost:23631/help/options.html?TOPIC=Getting+Started
   # CUPS 1.2.x