changing priority of a queued job

dkastens.uos dkastens at uos.de
Thu Jun 29 04:53:49 PDT 2006

> You can change the priority via the "lp" command:
>
>      lp -i job-id -q priority
>
> That said, doing so only changes the order of the "pending" jobs
> and will not interrupt a job that is currently being printed.

I stopped the cups printer and sent 3 jobs to it (job-ids 257, 258, 259), each of them had a priority of 50. Then I changed the priority of job 259 to 70 (using lp -q) and started the print queue. The jobs were printed in the order 257, 258, 259. So changing the priority had no effect on the order of the output. I'm using cups-1.2.1-1.

Dirk Kastens