Globalized PPD strings not showing in web interface

Josh Mathis josh.m at swecoinus.com
Fri Jun 2 06:43:34 PDT 2006

I have added two translations to my ppd (French and German) according to
the documentation on the site
(http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/spec-ppd.html). cupstestppd says
it is ok. However, when I go to the web interface, all of my printer
options remain in English.

The localhost:631 homepage is localized in my desired language. However,
when I go to any other page, it is either all in English or mixed
languages. Example: On the home page, the top menu is completely
localized, but when I click "Printers", the top menu changes back to
English.

I changed my loglevel to debug and tail'd the log file while browsing
the web interface. It always shows locale=(my desired target code).

This is Kubuntu 6.06 with CUPS 1.2.0.

Thanks,
Josh