[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #1752: Web UI forgets device URI

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Tue Jun 6 10:32:07 PDT 2006

kmuto.debian <kmuto at debian.org> wrote (Tuesday 06 June 2006 17:22):

> [STR New]
>
> This relates with Debian bug#370409 (http://bugs.debian.org/370409).

That bug report says:

#> Whenever I modify a printer (ie, when the PPD file changes) the device
#> URI defaults to "socket" (I'm using a HP with a JetDirect card in it).
#>
#> When means I then have to go back to the printer overview page and
#> cut'n'paste the device URI.  It seems to me that the modify page should
#> have the current URI in the input box.

Question: Did you ever dare to click on "Continue" when that page which
defaults to "socket" was displayed?

I did.

Result: the next page does display the complete current device
URI setting.

BTW, if your printer uses an lpd URI, it will first default to "Generic
LPD/LPR Host or Printer" and upon "Continue" display the full current
"lpd://aa.bb.cc.dd/queuename" URI.

So in fact, CUPS does not "forget" the setting.

Caveat: I' currently running a self-compiled SVN trunk (r5630).
        So at least it works in this version without the annoyance
        you report. Please verify, if it works for your version too.

Cheers,
Kurt