[cups.bugs] Re: Fedora Core 5 CUPS upgrade killed CUPS

Hin-Tak Leung hintak_leung at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jun 11 08:38:20 PDT 2006

I don't have a problem with FC5 and cups 1.2.1. Here are the details.
I am using the cups 1.2.1-1.2 rpm though. ( a bit older than yours.).

$ cat /etc/fedora-release
Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux)
[hin-tak at paddington ~]$ rpm -qi cups
Name        : cups                         Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version     : 1.2.1                             Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 1.2                           Build Date: Tue 23 May 2006 10:27:27 BST
Install Date: Wed 24 May 2006 10:46:30 BST      Build Host:
hs20-bc1-7.build.redhat.com
Group       : System Environment/Daemons    Source RPM: cups-1.2.1-1.2.src.rpm
Size        : 8110347                          License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Tue 23 May 2006 19:21:04 BST, Key ID b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.cups.org/
Summary     : Common Unix Printing System
Description :
The Common UNIX Printing System provides a portable printing layer for
UNIX® operating systems. It has been developed by Easy Software Products
to promote a standard printing solution for all UNIX vendors and users.
CUPS provides the System V and Berkeley command-line interfaces.