[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1771: Easy way to set custom paper sizes

Benjamin Quest benjamin.quest at gmx.de
Tue Jun 13 06:29:17 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Lately, I tried to print menu cards, they have a size of 21x21cm. I can
easily set this paper size in OOorg for creating the cards. However, the
installed printer (HP PSC2355 on Ubuntu 6.06) does not support this paper
size and the predefined paper sizes won't match this size either.

So I wish there was a convenient possibility to define custom paper sizes
in CUPS. I only found some suggestions to edit the printers PPD file.

This feature would also be very useful for everyone that uses continuous
forms or fanfold paper.

All the best

BEnjamin Quest

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1771