MASSIVE bug in 1.2.1

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Mon Jun 19 03:12:56 PDT 2006

Peter <merlin at th.if.uj.edu.pl> wrote (Sunday 18 June 2006 21:42):

> (i am using debian, but that does not matter, i belive,
> since i have compiled the 1.2.1 myself also) i saw in logs:
>
> auto-typing file
> Unsupported format 'application/octet-stream'
> Hint: Do you have the raw file printing rules enabled?
>
> sorry for not pasting the exact messages how they apeared,
> right now i cant reproduce the effect, since people are
> printing all the time (i downgraded to 1.1.23).
> same message is the response to lpr command on machine
> running cups and cups-lpd.
>  needless to say, the hint was not very helpfull..

Hmm... I can't believe somebody who runs Debian and compiles
packages on his own is so un-imaginative to not come up with an
idea how to find out more based on this hint. I'm not even talking
about Google, I'm thinking of "grep" and the CUPS sources (you
compiled them, right?).

Try this:

   grep -R 'application/octet-stream' /path/to/your/cups-sources

To help you with your valuable time (so you need not to sift
through all the occurances of grep's findings), try

   grep -R 'application/octet-stream' sources | grep mime

That should help you find the decisive hint how to enable that
"format's" printing.

Cheers,
Kurt