[cups.development] [RFE] STR #1797: Better libtool support for the build system

Benny Siegert bsiegert at gmx.de
Fri Jun 23 13:04:24 PDT 2006

[STR New]

Hi,

the support for using libtool with the current build system does not work.
Full libtool support was promised  for 1.2.0 (I think) but never realised.

I rolled my own libtool patches for MirOS support. I had to change quite a
bit in the Makefiles but it works well. NB: the contained ltmain.sh and
libtool.m4 are part of libtool, config.guess and config.sub part of
autotools, only provided for the sake of completeness.

To use:

1. Apply the patch.
2. Run aclocal and autoconf.
3. Run configure as usual.
4. The make invocation is
   make top_builddir=$PWD

The last point is a small problem that is not yet fixed. I would really
like to see this applied to the upstream source. Please at least consider
it.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L1797
Version:  -feature