how to set A4 size by default (I have Letter now)

Russf russbucket at nwi.net
Wed Mar 1 08:43:50 PST 2006

Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:

>> (...)

>> > Log into cups as admin. select printers, then modify printer. there
>> > should be an option for page size.
>>
>> I'm pretty sure there is none to change the paper size.
>> At least I didn't find any.
>>
>> I use CUPS 1.1.23.
>
> What I mean, I get a "client-error-not-possible" error when trying to
> modify a printer. I guess I have to configure the stuff once again.
are you logging into cups as admin. If not setup and admin password
(lppasswd) and then use your browser to log on. Select Printers - Manage
Printers - configure printer. There is an option there to set the page
size. This should become the cups default for that printer.

I suspect your client error is the lack of having a lp passwd. I think even
root needs one, it can be different than your system password.

Hope this helps.
--
Russ