timeouts

bangular bangular at gmail.com
Wed Mar 1 10:56:21 PST 2006

For some reason, printers keep timing out and I need to go into the web interface and click "start printer". If for any reason the printer is unreachable (i.e. out of paper), it seems to take it offline. When the printer is available again, however, it does not start it automatically. This is the first time I've had a problem like this with cups. I suspect maybe it has to do with how they are set up (someone set it up as all raw printers). I'm thinking the timeout directive might be the right direction to search, but I'm really not quite sure and was hoping I could be pointed in the right general direction.