Error during MAKE: zlib.h not found.

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Wed Mar 1 14:04:03 PST 2006

My apologies in advance if this has been addressed in the past, or if this is an inappropriate post for this forum...

I receive an error when attempting to MAKE CUPS 1.2svn-r5137 - I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction.

The error is as follows:

Making all in cups...
Compiling testfile.c...
testfile.c:42:18: zlib.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [testfile.o] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

I located zlib.h under /usr/include/linux. I set the C_INCLUDE_PATH to /usr/include/linux. After doing so, I still receive the same error as shown above when attempting to MAKE.

I'm running Debian (Sarge) with GCC v3.3.5 and Zlibc v0.9j-7.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you have to offer!

Sincerely,
Robert