[cups.general] timeouts

Johannes Meixner jsmeix at suse.de
Thu Mar 2 03:46:08 PST 2006

Hello,

On Mar 2 11:53 Till Kamppeter wrote (shortened):
> http://www.linuxprinting.org/beh.html

For me the text sounds a bit rude regarding the default policy
in the generic CUPS backends (i.e. disable the queue).

I would like to suggest to explain this policy so that the reader
does not think that the default policy in CUPS 1.1 is stupid
(e.g. something about home user versus business environment).
Furthermore you may add the information that CUPS 1.2 will
solve this problem.

For example have a look at the mail
http://www.easysw.com/cups/newsgroups.php?s5622+gcups.general+v5626
and the next two mails for an explanation why the queue is
disabled by default.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5      Mail: jsmeix at suse.de