PCL Driver

Sean McBrien smcbrien at bfsec.bt.co.uk
Fri Mar 3 05:37:46 PST 2006

Guys,

I have 6 new Xerox WorkCentre Pro 35 printers and want to add them to CUPS, I went to the Xerox website and downloaded the generic PPD file, used it when adding the printers to CUPS, went to my Windows Xp Machine, installed the printer and tried to add the PCL drivers to the print server as the printers drivers, I get the error:

Unable to install Xerox Workcentre Pro 35 PCL6, Windows 2000, or XP driver. Operation could not be completed.

and then went to add the PS Driver and it adds fine, and copies to the driver directory on the server.

The problem is, we dont have a licence for PS and dont want to have to spend hundreds on enabling PS.

Also can CUPS cope with Multiple Pages PER SIDE with PCL?

Thanks,

Sean