Brother HL-5170DN successive print jobs

MarkA toor at nowhere.com
Sat Mar 4 14:39:14 PST 2006

On Sat, 04 Mar 2006 14:23:44 -0500, Anonymous wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I submit multiple print jobs successively, my Brother HL-5170DN
> prints out errors like:
>
> ERROR NAME;
>   undefined
> COMMAND;
>   Tj
> OPERAND STACK;
>   333
>
> or sometimes just "7 Tc 0.0587" on the last page of the first job and
> stops printing without any error both in the printer and CUPS sides.
> After then, I have to restart the printer and cancel left jobs.
>
> Another example of error is:
>
> ERROR NAME;
>   undefined
> COMMAND
>   @PJLPJL at PJL@PJL
> OPERAND STACK;
>
> If I print one at a time, there's no problem at all. It looks like some
> data from the second job affects the last page of the first job?
>
> I'm using BR5170_2_GPL.ppd provided by Brother.
>
> Any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance.

No ideas, but a related issue: I am using a Brother MFC-7820N, and have a
similar issue:  When printing from OpenOffice, if I click the printer icon
2 or more times, the first page prints OK, but subsequent pages have
multiple character substitutions.  It is as if something at the end of the
print job leaves the Postscript emulator in an incorrect state.  The only
way to fix it is to turn the printer off, then on again.

I have been corresponding with Brother about the problem, but no solution
yet.

--
MarkA
(this space accidentally filled in)