Cups Admin problems

Russf russbucket at nwi.net
Sat Mar 4 19:58:33 PST 2006

SuSe 10.0, KDE 3.4.2 level b, ghostscript 8.1.5rc1, Cups 1.1.23-21.2-586

Today I tried  using printmgr to look at the cups server. After that when I
use my browser to log on to Cups, it no longer asks for a ID & password,
and the admin screen does not have any of the Icons shows. Just text. Even
the options to look at jobs, etc under manage printer are gone.

I tried restarting Cups, replacing cupsd.conf with the rpmsave version and
was going to uninstall Cups and reinstall it, but YaSt told me I'd need to
delete 88 dependent applications and libs.

The Icons appear to be ok and in the correct directory.

I tried to do an update from my DVD which has the same Cups version without
the recent security updates. This did not correct anything.

Is there anything I can check, replace etc, short of reinstalling my whole
system?

Any help or pointers to some help would be appreciated.
--
Russ