[cups.general] Cups Admin problems

Russf russbucket at nwi.net
Mon Mar 6 15:22:13 PST 2006

Johannes Meixner wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Mar 4 22:58 Russf wrote (shortened):
>> SuSe 10.0, KDE 3.4.2 level b, ghostscript 8.1.5rc1, Cups 1.1.23-21.2-586
>> Today I tried  using printmgr to look at the cups server.
>
> What is "printmgr"?
> Prefer the CUPS tools when you have problems with other tools, see
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_in_a_Nutshell
>

>> the admin screen does not have any of the Icons shows
>
> It seems somehow the "DocumentRoot" entry in
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf had changed to a wrong value.
>
> For example when you update the CUPS packages but still use the old
> /etc/cups/cupsd.conf you should check whether the settings in this
> file are still correct for the new package version.
>

>> was going to uninstall Cups and reinstall it, but YaSt told me I'd need
>> to delete 88 dependent applications and libs.
>
> YaST must inform you about RPM dependencies.
> But it is up to you to decide what to do and how to do it
> when you remove a package which is needed by many other packages.
>
> You may also have a look at our support database:
> http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:CUPS_-_Reinstalling_the_Printing_System
> or search our mailing lists:
> http://lists.suse.com/archive/suse-linux-e/2004-Jun/4134.html
>

> Kind Regards
> Johannes Meixner
Additional info: When I log on to localhost:631/admin and it comes up
without Icons, If I right click on the spot the Icon belongs at I get the
following message.

Not Found
The requested resource was not found on this server.

I check the directory for the Icons and it is there. where is localhost
configured for permissions?
--
Russ