Add enscript filter to CUPS printer

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Mon Mar 6 19:53:57 PST 2006

I'm having a problem adding an enscript command as a CUPS filter. I have the following script code4up which I added to /usr/lib/cups/filter

#!/bin/bash
enscript -G2rE -U2

and changed mime.convs to use code4up instead of texttops for application/x-perl and restarted cupsd. But the enscript filter is not being applied to an input file like perlsource.pl.

What am I missing?

Once the filter works, I'd like to be able to use it without changing the global mime.convs file. How do I do that? By adding a printer using a new ppd file that has the cupsFilter directive set to code4up, or is there an easier way to specify a filter per job?

Thanks,
Zartaj