[cups.general] Linux Print Queues on CUPS v.1.1.23

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Tue Mar 7 08:11:00 PST 2006

Minatra, Pat H. wrote:
> I have a user that has reported that when printing and setting copies to
> any number greater than one, they get all copies of page 1, all of page
> 2, all of page 3 and so on INSTEAD of copy one pages 1 through end; copy
> two pages 1 through end.
>

> How do I correct this?  I find nothing that tells me that there is a
> setting anywhere to control that.

There are two (related) options for this.

Using "-o collate=true" will force collated copies.  This maps to the
printer-supplied collate option, if any.

Similarly, the longer IPP option "-o
multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-collated-copies" will
also give you collated copies.

Take your pick! :)