CUPS 1.2b1

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Wed Mar 8 13:34:32 PST 2006

The first beta-quality release of CUPS 1.2 is now available for download from the CUPS web site and includes over 90 changes and new features since CUPS 1.1.23. We are also providing binary packages for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (32-bit Intel), Fedora Core 4 (32-bit Intel, and MacOS X 10.4 (32-bit PowerPC + Intel) for your convenience.

In accordance with the updated CUPS Configuration Management Plan, we will have at least a two-week beta test period followed by another two-week release candidate period to resolve any issues in the 1.2 release. Report all problems with the beta release on the following page:

    http://www.cups.org/str.php

Reports sent to the CUPS newsgroups or mailing lists are not automatically entered into the trouble report database and will not influence the final production release of CUPS 1.2, so it is very important that you report any problems you identify using the form.

Enjoy!