[cups.general] Re: Newest ghostscript 8.15 cause printer to stop in cups when usinggedit...

Till Kamppeter till.kamppeter at gmx.net
Thu Mar 9 02:59:53 PST 2006

matthew wrote:

> Ok I've tried both with no luck! Checking my error log it appears to be the same exact problem it even happens with a raw printer (
>
> The error log does not seem to be different and I switched it to debug (was on debug 2) and debug tell me nothing useful.
>
> Why am I so lucky, it must by my dam printer!

So then the filter chain or GhostScript seem not to cause the problem.
There is perhaps a problem with the backend or the printer.

Can you redirect your print queue into a file?

Set "FileDevice Yes" in /etc/cups/cupsd.conf and restart CUPS. Then do

lpadmin -p <your queue> -E -v file:/tmp/printout

to switch to file output. Print into this queue. Do you still get errors
in error_log? Does the queue stay enabled? When the job disappears from
the output of "lpstat -o", does /tmp/printout have a reasonable size?

Can you actually print /tmp/printout by doing

cat /tmp/printout > /dev/lp0

or

cat /tmp/printout > /dev/usb/lp0

   Till