Completely OT, but...

bangular bangular at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 11:40:51 PST 2006

This is a completely offtopic question, but I think your expertise can point me in the right direction on this...

We have an application that spits out prints all day. For the most part, we don't need them (it's for a security system and only need them when something goes wrong. Maybe twice a year at most). For records purposes though, they have to be somewhere. The program can't save to a text file eliminating our printer. So! We want to take the parallel port and plug it into another box instead of the printer and take the raw prints and store them electronically. That way, instead of tens of thousands of pieces of paper a year completely wasted, we can just store them electronically.

I'm sorry, this obvious has almost nothing to do with cups, but I really didn't know where to start and thought someone on here had some experience doing that sort of thing. I'd be nice to hear some thoughts on which direction I could take this.