Force Duplex, Mac OS 10.4

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Mar 9 16:50:51 PST 2006

erik at stat.ucla.edu wrote:
> This server is running MacOS 10.4.5 patched as of 3/9/06 and Cups 1.2 r5137

Update to the latest trunk code - the "simple" way is just:

     svn up
     autoconf -f
     ./configure
     make
     sudo tools/testosx
     open cups.pkg

Anyways...

> I'm having a couple of problems-
>
> I setup a HP LaserJet 4250 on the print server as ipp://printername/ipp.
> I have the printer options setup to print long edged double sided by default.
>
> On my OS X clients 10.3 or 10.4 I setup a printer using the printer host name and the queue name of the printer. The clients can print, but the jobs are not duplexed. If I set the job to duplex on the client side, the job prints single sided. I need to force clients to only be able to print duplex jobs.

More than likely the clients are setup with different local preferences.
If you never want to print single-sided, edit the PPD file and remove
the "*Duplex None/..." line...