CUPS + Termianl Server

st.graf st.graf at fz-juelich.de
Fri Mar 10 00:38:16 PST 2006

wernich at grc-resorts.co.za wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Like everybody knows, printing on Win Terminal Server really suck and I was wondering if there is a way to incorporate CUPs on our Linux box with our Win 2K Terminal Server and letting Linux handle the print jobs. Has anyone done this before and is it working ?
>
> Thanks

Hi!

I would try CupsClient to install the CUPS-Printer on the Win Terminal
Server.
http://www.easysw.com/~mike/cups/links.php?V135
In the beginning I used samba to share the printers for Windows systems,
but I ran in some problems.
Now I install the printers using the CupsClient-tool, and my first
expirience is positive.

Greetings,

Stephan