lpadmin

Anonymous anonymous at easysw.com
Fri Mar 10 04:21:09 PST 2006

Hi!

We have laptops and terminal servers at work running Linux!

The server is an windows AD server

lately we set up a windows 2003 printserver.

We want our users to automaticly map up the printers on the printserver, how is it possible to do that?

i was thinking of making a script for each user when he logs on doing something like this:

lpadmin -v smb://server/printer .. but i get the message client-not-authorized or something like that.

as the user get authorized via a kerberos ticket i want the printer just be setup for the user mapping them up, so how can i add a printer just for one user.

Is there a possibility to add a printer in something like /home/username/.cups/***

greetings