CUPS with IPP protocol sending PCL cc

Arthur Braschi arthur at itaipu.gov.br
Mon Mar 13 13:44:20 PST 2006

> Arthur Braschi wrote:
> > I'm using CUPS with IPP protocol to send reports to printers.  I have some reports that mix PCL control characters to program printer to do something like:
> >
> > 1) Change font size in the middle of line, like txtxtxtxtxtBIGBIGBIGtxtxtxtxt (not lower/upper case).
> >
> > 2) To program Barcode printers.
> >
> > How can I do this?
>
> To print the files, use the application/vnd.cups-raw file type (or
> just "-o raw" on the command-line) to pass the file directly to the
> printer unfiltered.
>
> As for generating the printer data, there is nothing in CUPS right
> now to automatically do what you want - PS/PDF files can be converted
> and printed, of course, but there is no driver/filter to generate PCL
> text or barcodes.
>
> --
> Internet Printing and Document Software          http://www.easysw.com

Mr. Sweet,

See the line example:

"there is nothing in ^(s7BCUPS^(s0B right now to automatically"

where symbol ^ are the ESC (x1b) character.

In the example above I would to print the word CUPS in BOLD letters.

The CUPS takes off the ESCAPE sequences from the middle of lines when sends the report to the printer?