Brother 2070n

viamptor at yahoo.com viamptor at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 16:18:55 PST 2006

A quick question i have a brother 2070n connected to a switch which inturn is connected to my router evertime i reboot my laptop i cant print to the printer untill i push the button that prints my printer settings then i grab the ip from there and enter it in the gnome printer settings as

network printer(.) Cups printer (ipp)
uri:ipp://192.168.1.121

Or whatever the ip is at that time. How or why does the ip change anyway when the machine is supposedly on "standby".
This is just a minor annoyance but id like to get it straightened out.
Any help is appreciated thanks.