[cups.general] Print into file.

Jerome Alet alet at librelogiciel.com
Wed Mar 15 05:34:42 PST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006 at 06:25:11AM -0500, Anonymous wrote:
> I need to print, using the lpr command, into a file using a raw
> queue. Eche print job for that "print-to-file" printer should be
> attached to the existing file instead of overwritung the content
> from the print job before. Has anyone a solution or what would be
> the recommended way to do that.

<popup mode="Advertising" shame="Off">

  1 - Install Tea4CUPS and setup your print queue to "tea4cups://"

  2 - In tea4cups.conf set :

      prehook_addtofile: /bin/cat $TEADATAFILE >>/path/to/yourfile

      This way, all print jobs will be concatenated to 'yourfile'.

      NB : with a single > you will overwrite the file, with two
           you'll append at the end.
</popup>

bye

Jerome Alet