[cups.general] cups lp spooler not releasing print jobs intermittently

Dracula countofdracula at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:19:53 PST 2006

Hello

CUPS not releasing print jobs on que intermittently. Actually a customer
is standing in line waiting for his invoice and the counterman is still
waiting fro the invoice to be printed on the printer. I look at the
system and the lpstat -o shows the print job still waiting to be
printed. I can disable /enable the print que and the print job isn't
released. I can power off/power on the printer and the print job isn't
released. I can power off/on the JetDirect 170x(J3258C) and the print
jobs do not come out. The system takes it own sweet time and then the
print jobs eventually print after about 10 - 15 minutes. Also while 1
print que is hung the other print ques are still working. This problem
randomly happens on different print ques at different at different
locations.

Thanks

Regards,

Komal