[cups.general] Unable to create job status pipes - Toomanyopenfiles.

Michael Sweet mike at easysw.com
Thu Mar 16 07:17:57 PST 2006

Joost Cogels wrote:
>> We are indeed using raw queues.
>
> Mike,
>
> Below you find output from lsof -p PID. It looks like CUPS is not
> closing opened files. Any ideas about what could be causing this?

Hmm, I'll do some testing here, but the cupsdStartJob() function is
pretty good about cleaning up after itself - might just be leaking
fds on error?

Can you open an STR on this so we can properly track the issue:

     http://www.cups.org/str.php

Please attach a copy of your cupsd.conf, printers.conf, and error_log
files.

At the very least, we want to add a limiter (so that FilterLimit can
work), and track down any fd leaks...

Thanks!