Samba + Cups -> PPD Options problem - 1 attachment - 1 attachment

Helge Blischke h.blischke at srz.de
Fri Mar 17 05:25:27 PST 2006

Barbouz wrote:

> I attached the PPD in case it can help sorting the problem.
>
> Thanks.
>
>                    Name: XRXC3545.PPD
>    XRXC3545.PPD    Type: unspecified type (application/octet-stream)
>                Encoding: x-uuencode

I remember there is a bug in Windows regarding the line length of the PPD keyword lines.
As far as I rmemenber, the maximums is 40 characters. Your PPD contains a lot of
lines that exceed this limit, especially the OpenUI line for media types is longer
(which may explain why the combo box is missing).

As a workaround, you may shorten or delete the french translations.

Helge

--
Helge Blischke
Softwareentwicklung