Access du CUPS Printers slow

crettenbacher at kaindl.com crettenbacher at kaindl.com
Fri Mar 17 05:33:16 PST 2006

Hi there,
I use CUPS on a Debian system. I am printing from a W2K via LPR to the Cups-Machine. Generally it works fine, but i have some Problems with MS Office 2003 with CUPS Printers, which are set default:

F.e. in an Excel document, when i switch to page preview and back, everything works slower than before.
Also in Access 2003, when page settings get loadet (i.e. when a report opens) i get Error messages.
It seems, the connection ist to slow (printer settings need up to 2 seconds to get displayed!)

I only have these problems with all CUPS printers - every windows printer work fine!

Any ideas/hints?!?
Thanks in advance

Christian